Would You Spend £200 On A Change Bag?

Would You Spend £200 On A Change Bag?

I’ve noticed a trend these last few years. Since I’ve had the boys many new change companies are creating bags aimed at high end prices. With Fizz I didn’t really have fancy change bags but now every other week there seems to be a new company launch with much lusted after designs.

My recent purchase was this Jem and Bea bag. I bagged (sorry) a discount since it was a birthday gift to myself and I’m lucky to work with a great specialist bag company. But for others this particular bag, Amber, will set you back £230.

Crazily I’ve gone for their white grey option. With two boys under two I wonder how easy this leather masterpiece will survive the baby to toddler years.

Although this is a change bag you wouldn’t know it and to be honest I’m not in a rush to put my used cloth nappies or used nappy bags in it. Unless you see the words change bags I don’t think you’d really know it is one. This is the bag for the mum refusing to have anything less than her style. In my opinion it’s a  beautiful investment piece. The cost hopefully will determine its longevity in my bag collection which up to now has been either a practical or throwaway (giveaway) hoard.

If it isn’t enough for you to lust after then I’m sure you’ll find something that appeals to you. But would you spend £200 on what is supposed to be a change bag? Or would you view it as an investment piece too?

Manic Mama of 3, wife of shouty singer Gav, blog writer, stationery obsessive, bed jumper, Brighton based social media consultant and semi-pro juggler of it all!

1. April 26, 2016 / 12:00 pm

No way could I justify £200 on a changing bag. I have two that are £80+ each but one I won, one I bought and I really did ponder if that was too much but they’re both fantastic and well worth the money. But I can’t see £200 being that fantastic and worth it x

• April 26, 2016 / 12:03 pm

I think across the board leather ones are in this price bracket. Like I said it’s a big big treat for me and I don’t spend much money elsewhere on me so once in a blue moon I can.

2. Joanne Mallon
    April 27, 2016 / 6:16 am

I don’t think I’d spend £200 on any bag, let alone one that’s designed to have pooey nappies in it. £100 is about my limit. That said, there is a lot of pleasure to be had from a lovely bag. They suit everybody regardless of size or shape and can make you feel more like a human being than you might do if you were carrying all the kit around in a Tesco bag. Possibly the mistake I made was carrying it all around in a Tesco bag when mine were little.

Your bag is really lovely, enjoy your treat.

3. May 9, 2016 / 7:46 am

From the pics it does look very beautiful and so stylish. I’ve bought a couple at that price as a treat to myself and I think if the bag looked like something I could use as a non-baby bag then it’s definitely an investment isn’t it? Enjoy your treat 🙂

4. Polly
    July 21, 2016 / 7:29 pm

Please help me! In your honest opinion, is this bag really big enough ?

• July 21, 2016 / 7:40 pm

Yes!! I can fit loads in mine!!

• July 21, 2016 / 7:40 pm

I’ll do a video!

5. September 16, 2017 / 8:22 pm

Yes yes and definitely yes I would spend £200 on a baby bag! Im a designer bag lover and a mum with style.
    I can wear all high street clothes from the sale but I need a good bag and won’t be seen with a bag with polka dots and Winnie the Pooh prints!
    Good quality Leather baby bags are an investment, not only do you have a baby bag but you can wear it after the baby is out of nappies and children are grown up! Also most leather bags will ‘age with grace’
    I like to treat myself and I see buying something special such as a leather baby bag is well deserving for any mum becuse we work 24/7 at being mums!

I don’t have a jem and bea but I have a Lily Jade which is an American Diaper Bag company and their bags are just out of this world, the leather is butter soft,
    Maybe for my next baby I’ll get a jem and Bea!