Just after Froglet was born the lovely folks at Tots Bots sent us a Papoozle (rrp £49.99). Since then two families have tested this lovely baby carrier out and it’s just been tried out with another family. The idea with all my sling reviews is that eventually I’ll have a sling library to loan out and be able to share different lifestyles and experiences with them. Here is my sister Jo with her view on the Papoozle (we picked Teal to match Jo’s buggy!)
Our first impressions of the papoozle baby carrier were that it was quick and easy to get set up. The material was light and soft, just right for wrapping baby up snug and not too restrictive on my movement.
Compared to other carriers I’ve tried the papoozle was by far the easiest (and gave me the most confidence) when putting baby in to the wrap, as it was already securely attached to me and the material stretchy enough to hold baby/ insert his body in to the two folds which support him.
The way that the material crosses over your back distributes the weight well and not once have I had aching shoulders while wearing it, even over prolonged periods.
My little one is now in a phase of wanting to be carried all the time so having a carrier is really helping relieve the aches and pains that come with this, and frees my hands up for making a cuppa!
The unique combination of a stretchy fabric upper attached to a padded structured waistband provides unbeatable comfort for you and your baby. It can be worn for hours at a time, giving you lots of snuggles and hands free parenting without the backache.
- The soft padded straps gently cocoon your baby’s head keeping him safely tucked in when you are on the move.
- The design ensures that your baby is carried with knee-to-knee support for healthy hip positioning.
- Unlike carriers with thin stiff shoulder straps your baby’s weight is distributed across your whole back and then down through your hips as he gets heavier. It can be used from birth up to 35lbs
- Soft padding eliminates pressure on your neck and shoulders
- One size fits all with one simple adjustment. Easy to put on too, no origami skills required.
The Papoozle retails at £49.99 which I think is a great price. It costs slightly more than some wrap slings we have tried but about 50% of the price of a structured carrier.