After being sent the Mountain Buggy Duet to review the team at Mountain Buggy asked me to review their carrier – the Mountain Buggy Juno – over a period of three months. We’ve had the carrier for around 8 weeks now and I wanted to get some thoughts out onto the blog. I have been using the carrier with Beatlebum who is now 5 months old.
So what did we think…
Use from the box?
In the box you get
- juno baby carrier with juno insert included, providing you with a true newborn solution
- additional teething pad accessory, 100% natural cotton. Oeko-tex certified and chemical free.
I have been using this carrier on the school run. Once all the straps are adjusted to the wearer it takes five minutes to pop on and put baby comfortably in it. I’ve yet to try it on longer journeys but as our school run takes an hour and a half it fairs well and doesn’t get uncomfortable.
The Mountain Buggy Juno is very very comfortable. It’s fabric is super soft and the arm padding is just in the right place. I would say for back carries it needs a bit more padding to go around the front of the waist straps. I’m a 14/16 and on a back carry with 21 month old Jedi it did start to dig in a bit.
Yes but it can be quite fiddly but is manageable.
Range of Colours
I opted for the nautical stripes but other colours are charcoal, black and sand. It’s not the biggest range of fabrics but the ones they have used are really soft and comfy. The other bloggers have tried the sand and black and they look lovely on too.
The price of the Mountain Buggy Juno isn’t actually the most expensive carrier I have come across especially unlike some carriers the box includes the newborn insert rather than having that at extra. At £139 it might feel expensive but it is a good quality carrier.
Key Features of the Mountain Buggy Juno
- adaptability with four medically approved carry modes
- two tailored retractable storage pockets (big enough for the largest smartphones)
- sternum strap runners for ease of adjustments
- protective hood with a stow away pocket, providing head support for your sleeping child, protection from all elements, and coverage when nursing
- 100% chemical free Okeo-tex certified textiles, with 100% cotton lining for breathability
- 3D mesh padded shoulder straps and waistband, providing cushioned and weight distributing support for a comfortable, breathable carry
- supreme craftsmanship with fashion forward and unisex design aesthetics in four colour-ways: sand, black, charcoal and nautical
- secure elastic loop strap ends, keeping them safely out of the way
- meets all international safety standards